Welcome back and we hope you had a lovely half term.
Our topic is called ‘Remember Remember’. This project teaches the children about the Great Fire of London, the Gunpowder Plot, Florence Nightingale and Betsi Cadwaladr and how these events and people are remembered. The children write factual and historical recounts and develop additional skills in the writing of diary entries and sequencing stories. At the end of the topic the children will produce their own museum to display their work.
In this project the children will learn:
• About life in the past;
• How to use a range of historical source materials including ICT;
• About two significant events of the time, the Gunpowder Plot and the Great Fire of London;
• About significant people of the time including Guy Fawkes, Florence Nightingale and Samuel Pepys;
• About the dangers of fire and how to keep safe;
• How to write recounts and diaries of real events;
• How to express their ideas about the topic creatively e.g. paining and model building.
Click here for more information.